Sunday, July 1, 2007

how being in the air in a tiny airship could make a person doubt her own sobriety

viewed this(excellent trower 'in this place' soundtrack after some introductory insights) youtube vid on Haleakala Crater and how , in my interpret, one of the presenters says, to paraphrase, that he was so frightened going up the hill road to the crater that he doubted his own sobriety/nicotine free lifestyle(known as 'no mental defense against that first drink') and i thought: DO I relate to that .
this one time i was walkering to the job, and i espied this can of beer(empty) in the wakway (the strip of lawn between sidewalk and curb/gutter) and thought
Why, that bottle (can actually, see I was impinged and unhinged in part already..) couldn't hurt me at all.
SO when i got to the office, i uncharacterstically awakend a pal(i worked early then)
and told him the good news: a twelve ounce can of beer couldn't hurt me.)
bless him, he told me promptly i was insane, to tell the boss i felt sick and needed the morning off, and he was gonna come pick me up in ten minutes, regardless
and that i was completley off my moorings
which i was
and he gently(about as gently as a protologist)
told me in procession how the cow ate the cabbage
and i awakened from my sleeping beauty applewine trance
unscathed
and awiser
beer never made me any smarter

No comments: