Sunday, May 13, 2007

inlandseas, fivestar garden('cording to the doveset) jays two, doves too too saddysadsters

I just made a nice dish of zucchini, squash, green onions, soft tofu, some campell's gourmet(low-fat) mushroom soup, assorted spices and some baby carrots all nestling like a trellis upon a micro'd potato. I even restrained myself and ate s l o w l y....
I have these doves, or rather they have lived in these parts for probably ten thousands of years, since the inland sea meant coastal Oregon itself was a state unto itself, and this spring, the branches of this little tree in my tiny garden have been deemed 'fivestar' by two distinct sets of dove parents and each time, I do believe, the jays got to their nests, one after another, in the selfsame precise site. I tried dissuading the first set but it is not easy to be 'mean' to a dove-with-eggs, setting; the second couple I 'lowed myself to believe "Well, maybe this might work this time."
nope, jays two, doves zero.
and then i see mother dove sometimes coming by to 'look for her eggs'....

No comments: